The automated campaigns are campaigns that are send automatically to customers, that have matched a certain trigger, segment rule or both. For example you can configure a campaign to be send to every customer, that have abandoned products in your store. You can also automatically add the said products to the email, that will be send to the customer.
Go to the Automated Campaigns page by clicking on the Campaigns in the side menu.
Click on the New Automated Campaign button.
Enter your campaign info:
- Campaign Name - your campaign name
- Exclude Customers that are in Campaigns - by choosing a campaign in this setting, you will exclude all the customers from your current campaign that are also present in the chosen campaign.
- Subject - the subject of the email you will send. You can add tokens that will be replaced with the information the tokens provide when the email is sent by clicking on the token button that is situated on the right side of the subject text box:
- Tracking Campaign Title - your campaign tracking title. This is used for tracking your campaign on services such as Google Analytics. If left blank the field will be populated with the name of your campaign.
When you are ready click the Save & Continue button.
Next, you will need to choose a Campaign Trigger. A trigger is an event on which your automated campaign will be started. You have several options to choose from:
- No trigger - this is the default option. If this option is selected you are required to create an automated segment on the following step.
- Abandoned product - send the automated campaign email when a customer has abandoned products in their shopping cart.
- Order Created - send the automated campaign email when a customer has created an order.
- Order Completed - send the automated campaign email when a customer has completed an order (the order payment status has been set to the Default Payment Complete Status). Please note that if you have set the Default Payment Complete Status to Authorized, this event and the Order Created event will be fired simultaneously.
- Customer Registration - send the automated campaign email when a customer has registered in your store.
NOTE: If you choose a campaign trigger the next step - automated segment, becomes optional. If you choose to use the automated segment, however, it will filter the customers from the trigger. That means that the customers affected by the campaign will be the ones that satisfy the segment and the trigger conditions.
This step is optional. If you do not want to choose a trigger, select No Trigger and click Save & Continue.
Your next step is to create the automated segment. Please note that if you have selected an automated trigger this step is optional.
To create an automated segment you will need to choose your segment rules. There are two categories of segment rules - Purchase and Behaviour. The Purchase segment rules are related to the customer's purchase activities - e.g. Bought a product, Did not buy a product, etc. The Behaviour segment rules are related to the customer's store behaviour - e.g. which products did the user visit, which products he add to cart, etc.
Drag and dropping the chosen segment rule to the empty space in the right side of the page.
Once you have added a rule, the rule properties will appear.
In the rule properties, you can choose the condition of the rule and a date range.
Note: The segments in the automated campaign have only a From Date because customers will be selected while the segment is running.
Two new slots for segment rules will also appear:
The first will be on the bottom part of the rule details. Placing a new rule there will make the logical relation between the two rules to be "OR".
The second one will be placed below the rule properties box. Placing a new rule there will make the logical relation between the two rules to be "AND".
Click Save & Continue to save your rules and move to the next step.
Now you should create your email campaign template. You can either choose an already existing template from the Load Template setting or Create a new Template.
You can find how to create a new template in this article.
When you are done creating your template click on Save & Continue to go to the next step.
On the next step, you should enter the schedule for your automated campaign.
Mailing Day - Choose on which days of the week the emails for your campaign will be send.
Mailing Time - Choose after what time your emails will be sent. You have three options to choose from:
As soon as possible - This means that your emails will be sent as soon as the customer enters the campaign trigger or the automated customer segment.
Send at specific time - You can choose this option to set the exact time of the day you want the emails to be sent.
Only send between - By choosing this option you can specify an interval of time when the emails can be send
Once you configured the schedule of the automatic campaign click on the Save & Continue button to go to the next step
In the Test Email step you can send an email to an address of your choosing. This way you can test check how the email will look in your email client. This step is optional. Once you are finished you can click the Save & Continue button
The last step is the Preview. You can preview your campaign here before you submit it.
On the left side of the page you will find information about your campaign:
Campaign Name, Campaigns from which customers were excluded, Subject of email, Reply email.
On the right side, you will see your campaign mail template.
To submit your campaign click the Submit Campaign button, that is situated below your campaign info.